I am a sneakerhead episode 73 - @Miklelkjr
Hello! I'm Mikkel. The owner and designer at Stay Fresh. Currently living in Aarhus, Denmark, and enjoying the artsy life by illustrating sneaks and other cool stuff.
How did I get into sneakers? I think I've always been into rockin some fresh kicks. Since I was a kid rockin 'em old Pumps and Kangaroos. But starting collecting, or more likely to say, stacking my collection, started when I bought the my first Asics Gel Lyte V 'White Grape' in WOODWOOD back in 2013. Here I felt the comfort and really started diggin the looks of the Asics Gel Lyte V model. I was literally hooked! And I still think the OG White Grape is the absolute best color way they ever made on that exact model. Really love the retro colors.
But how long have I been into sneakers? I've always been into sneakers. But getting the urge for collecting or make sure I've always had some fresh classics stacked, hmm, I've think 4 years or so. I've been working in the sneaker business for some years now. In a small shop called Shoe Chapter located Aarhus' city. Here it really took of and the collection expanded (due to the access to really cool shit). Sold a lot, stacked a lot, for yea, let's just say 4-5 years.
What I really enjoy about sneakers is the freshness. The smell when u open a box. It's addicting. Right?! And off cause the looks and comforts!
Which owned pairs I like the most? I've got some old and some new ones. But let's see:
• Nike Mayfly Woven - Just got this home from NYC. Love the looks and comfort.
• Saucony Grid 9000 x Bodega co-lab from 2012 - Love the comfort of Sau and color way on this one.
• Vans Oldskool and Sk8-hi, Adidas Campus 80's, Converse Chucks – always love the classics! Here it's the looks and not so much the comfort ;-)
• Asics Gel Lyte V 'White Grape' OG 93 – The one which started it all. The looks and comfort here is perfect!
One I crave the most:
• Saucony Grid 9000 'Bushwacker' 2012 – Need this one so bad!
But I've many favorites. I can just go on and on. So that's all for now!